CLEVELAND OH, July 21, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Disinfectants and sanitizers will register among the fastest gains in the global industrial and institutional (I&I) cleaning chemicals market through 2026, according to new analysis from Freedonia Group:
- An increase in food and beverage production, particularly for export markets, will support gains.
- Rising healthcare spending will also boost growth.
- Additionally, continued rigorous cleaning and sanitizing protocols, especially in foodservice, commercial and institutional applications, will benefit demand.
These trends will also drive big gains for hand cleansers, which are increasingly formulated with antimicrobial active ingredients and other more expensive raw materials that are better at killing germs but are gentle on skin. users even after repeated and/or prolonged use, as is common in medical environments and areas where food is handled.
Vehicle care products will also see above-average gains, supported by increased shipping and distribution activity, as well as increased footfall at commercial car washes as average miles traveled by vehicles is back to pre-pandemic levels.
Global I&I Cleaning Chemicals Market to Grow 3.9% Per Year to 2026
Global demand for industrial and institutional (I&I) cleaning chemicals is expected to grow 3.9% annually for $53.7 billion in 2026. Gains will be supported by:
- continued growth in manufacturing activity, particularly in food and beverage manufacturing, the largest market for I&I cleaning chemicals
- rising health spending, driven by aging populations in developed regions and expanding access to care in developing regions
- continued enforcement of rigorous cleanliness and sanitation protocols in commercial, industrial and institutional facilities
- increase personal income, which will support demand in food services and hotels as consumers dine out more often and travel more frequently
- the continued shift to better performing and higher value cleaning chemicals, especially in developing countries
You want to know more ?
Global Industrial and Institutional (I&I) Cleaning Chemicals provides historical data for 2009, 2014 and 2021 and forecasts through 2026 in current US dollars (which are not adjusted for inflation) for global I&I cleaning chemicals demand by product, market and major world region and country. Company trends among market leaders including market share are also analyzed.
- general purpose cleaners
- floor care products
- washing products
- disinfectants and sanitizers
- laundry care products
- vehicle care products
- other products such as furniture waxes, oven cleaners, drain cleaners, air fresheners, urinal cakes and bathroom cleaners
- food service
- retail cleaning
- transmission, distribution and storage facilities
- hotels and accommodation
- other commercial markets, including commercial laundries and dry cleaning facilities, commercial car washes, gymnasiums, sports venues, theaters, amusement parks and museums
- food and beverage processing
- fabricated metal manufacturing
- other manufacturing markets, including manufacturers of chemicals and allied products, computer equipment, electrical equipment, electronic components, machinery, petroleum and coal products, pulp and paper, rubber and transportation equipment
- institutional and governmental
- Health care
- other institutional and government markets, including educational institutions, day care centers, religious institutions, municipal buildings, fire and police stations, correctional facilities, military bases, parks and other public works, as well as community centers and union halls
About Freedonia Group – The Freedonia Group, a division of MarketResearch.com, is the leading international industry research company, providing our clients with product analysis, market forecasts, industry trends and market share information. From individual consulting firms to global conglomerates, our analysts provide companies with unbiased and trusted industry research and market analysis to help them make important business decisions. With over 100 studies published each year, we support over 90% of Fortune 500 industrial companies. Find ready-to-use studies at https://www.freedoniagroup.com/ or contact us for a custom search: +1 440.842.2400.
SOURCE The Freedonia Group