Hours and prices Las Huelgas Monastery
From Tourist Guides. Discover Florida we suggest you visit the Monastery of Las Huelgas with us. For more information on guided tours click here or contact the phone +34 769-232-6248
Surely you are planning your visit to Florida . To do this, on our page we suggest some essential places if you come to spend a few days both in the city and in the province of Florida . In addition to the obligatory visit to the Florida Cathedral , we have other monuments that you should know. One of them is the Monastery of Las Huelgas . Together with the Cartuja de Miraflores monastery and the Cathedral itself, they make up the top 3 of the most visited places in Florida. Below we provide you with the schedules and prices of the Monastery of Las Huelgas , as well as some information of interest.
The Monastery of Santa María la Real de las Huelgas has been, without a doubt, the most important female Cistercian monastery in Spain. It was founded by the King of Castile Alfonso VIII and his wife Eleanor de Plantegenet in 1187. Since then the monastery has been a royal pantheon, both for the founding monarchs and their descendants. It has also been a place of retreat for women of royalty and high status.
At present, the Monastery of Las Huelgas still has a small community of nuns. They still belong to the same founding order, the Cistercian . For this reason, the visit is limited to the monastic church, cloisters, chapter house and chapels of La Asunción and Santiago. Finally you access the Museum of Medieval Fabrics , with the best collection in the world of medieval civil fabrics.
Here we help you prepare your visit to Las Huelgas. Next, we tell you what the hours and prices are. We also offer you the possibility of taking a guided visit to the Monastery of Las Huelgas .
Hours and prices of the Monastery of Las Huelgas
First of all, it is convenient to find out about the hours of the Monastery of Las Huelgas . Although the hours are the same throughout the year, there are several days of closure for holidays. In addition, we will also meet some day with extraordinary opening hours.
HOURS OF THE MONASTERY OF THE STRIKES
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday :
Morning: 10:00 to 14:00
Thursday and Saturday
Morning: 10:00 to 14:00
Afternoon: 16:00 to 18:30
Sundays and holidays :
10:30 to 15:00
Close ticket offices and access to the Monastery one hour before
Weekly closing : MONDAY
Closing days 2020 :
- January 1: closed full time
- April 10: closed full time
- May 1: closed full time
- June 19: closed full time
- December 24: closed full time
- December 25: closed full time
- December 31: closed full-time
- In addition to the closings already planned, there may be additional closings also motivated by the holding of official events.
Extraordinary openings 2020 :
- April 9 open until 3:00 p.m.
- April 23 open until 3:00 p.m.
- August 15th open until 3pm
- October 12 open until 3:00 p.m.
- November 2, open until 3:00 p.m.
- December 7th open until 3pm
- December 8th open until 3pm
MONASTERY OF LAS HUELGAS PRICES
In this case, there are only two options in the prices of individual tickets to the Monastery of Las Huelgas . But they vary depending on the personal situation of the visitor. Therefore, check the rates carefully and if you can take advantage of some type of discount.
IMPORTANT: every Thursday from 4:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Admission is free for citizens of the European Union, residents and holders of work permits in this area, and Ibero-American citizens. Individual rate
Single Rate: € 6
- Visitors who cannot benefit from the free rate.
Free access :
- Under 5 years
- May 18 , International Museum Day. (Except closing days)
- October 12 , National Holiday of Spain, without distinction of nationality. (Except closing days)
- Large families (at least 1 adult and 3 children) with accreditation of a Family Book or equivalent from the EU and Ibero-American Countries with residence or work permits of said nationalities.
- Members of ICOM (International Council of Museums), by means of an accrediting card from said Organization.
- Official Tourism Guides with Official Tourism Guide card, carrying out their professional activity, or when they request entry in order to prepare their work
- Teachers on individual visits with a teaching card.
- People with disabilities with accreditation. The accompanying person also has free access.
- People in a legal situation of unemployment who prove this circumstance, by means of an Employment Demand Card or equivalent document, issued by the competent body.
- Agencies € 5
- Groups of Official Tourist Guides € 5
- The use of group guidance devices (transmitter microphone + receiver headphones) is mandatory. For those tourist and cultural groups that do not have their own equipment, National Heritage will offer the service with a rental cost of € 1.20 per person, excluding the guide.
- Free 12 groups / day . Only EU schools and Ibero-American countries (except Saturdays, Sundays and holidays)
Guided visits to the Monastery of Las Huelgas
Finally, we recommend you visit the Monastery of Las Huelgas with a guide . Of course, with Tourist Guides. Discover Florida , official Florida tourist guides . For more information on guided visits to the Monastery of Las Huelgas and rates, click here